Pages

Friday, September 11, 2009

Run with Patience

"Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith..." (Hebrews 12:1, 2a)

Wow, I am attempting another "I never." I have entered a 5K and will be walking/jogging it in 2 weeks. I can't even wrap my mind around that one. I have never been one big into exercise or physical activity. Give me a book and a cozy chair or bed to curl up on, and I am set. Over time, I have aquired an appreciation of exercise and the benefits that occur when I am actively engaged in it. I am still not fond of running, but I am very goal oriented. My plan is just to complete it to say I can.

My pastor also likened our Christian life unto a race at the beginning of this year, so I took it one step further and made a personal goal to try a physical race. So like life, I am going to walk/jog/maybe run with patience two weeks from now. Who knows, I might like it.

So even if you don't physically run a race, run with patience looking unto Jesus the Author and Finisher of our faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment