Pages

Monday, November 23, 2009

Is There Ever Enough Hours in the Day?

Where does it all go? We are each given 24 hours in a day. Where do we spend most of that time. Many of my hours have been sucked up with work. But as I analyze my habits, I start to see the little pockets of time that could have been spent more wisely such as picking up a book or reading my Bible for the day.

Those few moments add up quickly and can mean the difference between a waste of time or an investment into the future or even eternity. I am going to attempt to redeem the wasted moments of my life by purposing to use my time for eternal investments.

So next time I roll over to hit the snooze button, I will get out of bed instead of indulging into those 6 extra minutes that turn into 12. I will use those spare moments for my quiet time or my trek to the gym that I have put off for 2 weeks.

The next time I surf the net for 2 hours for no apparent reason, I will get up and put a load of laundry in the washer or something else that needs doing. I plan to give my time purpose, rather than see it slip through the cracks.

In James, it says that our lives are but a vapor. They come and go in the blink of an eye. I don't want my treasured minutes to disappear with no edifying or constructive value.

So I begin now to make my moments count for eternity's sake.

No comments:

Post a Comment