Pages

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Sound Advice?

I just heard this quote on the radio and really tried to listen to to it.  As the DJ read it, I heard the intent behind what he was saying by quoting it, but I wasn't ready to take it at face-value.  
I do agree with many points, such as I am not perfect, and in my case, my future guy won't be perfect.  I laugh easily and think a lot, so the next two things don't take much.  Many of the guys I know come baring the scars of the past and usually fess up rather quickly to being human and making mistakes. 
My future guy may or may not quote poetry.  Yes, I do agree he may not be thinking of me every moment.  Yes, I hope my future guy gives me his heart, and I hope to not hurt any hearts along the way.  I am trying my best to learn about my emotions and how to guard my own heart in order to not hurt any other hearts along the way.  I would never intentionally hurt my future guy.  I have learned that trying to change someone never works.  I do have expectations hopefully not too demanding of my future guy such as be a God Lover, be attractive and have similar goals and interests, and a desire to spend time with me.

I would be guilty of analyzing, but I would try my best to keep it in check.  Smiling is definitely no problem for me.  Here is the kicker for me.  "Yell when he makes you mad."  I thoroughly disagree with this statement.  I have been yelled at and done my fair share of yelling in my lifetime at various loved ones, and it has never made anything better.  A better phrasing for this statement would be "Confront" or "Deal with problems"  when they come up.  "Don't let the sun go down on your wrath."  Never go to bed or leave each other angry.

This last statement "Because perfect guys don't exist, but there's always one guy that is perfect for you" contradicts itself due to the fact that it is still talking human, imperfect guys.  I am still on the fence as to there being only one particular person for another in this world.  I believe one person is God's plan.  But the sin nature that has run rampant in the world today, many people are compromising their future in middle school with instant gratification rather than waiting on their "perfect" guy. 

If you wanted to turn this last statement heavenward, it would sound like this:
"Love hard when there is love to be had [God is love]. Because perfect guys don't exist, but there's always one Guy [Jesus] that is perfect for you."

This statement in this format directs you to the right source for love and perfection and you can't go wrong in the arms of Jesus.

Just my thoughts,  I would welcome any other opinions.  Just because something sounds good on initial discovery, don't be afraid to dig a little deeper. 

No comments:

Post a Comment