Pages

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

To Date or Not to Date?

I had a book recommended to me entitled How to Get a Date Worth Keeping by Dr. Henry Cloud.  I have looked into this book, but with great hesitation.  I don't want to date, just to date.  But this book brings up some good points that go against my I Kissed Dating Goodbye mentality.

Have I really kissed dating goodbye or  do I hide behind the fact that I don't date because no one asks?  Am I in places to meet my "future husband"?  How can I meet someone to marry if I don't even meet new people.

Cloud's book brings up the point that God is not going to send us a husband from heaven air stamped in His Timing.  We have a role in our circumstances and need to do our part.

I still have more to discover from this thought provoking stance on dating.   I have a feeling this will be an interesting read.  I will keep you updated.

My goal as of right now is to continue to discover who I am in Christ and find joy in His presence.  I am embracing my season of singleness one step at a time.  I know God has a plan and a purpose for this time in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment