Pages

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Milestones...

I don't think of myself as a runner, jogger, much less a walker. I really haven't enjoyed any form of exercise until quite recently. I accomplished something today that I didn't think I could quite do. I finished a 5K race in 44 minutes and 11 seconds. I was so happy that I did finish.

The people were so nice. One lady took me under her wing and coached me through the whole thing. Once the finishline was in sight, I took off in an all out sprint and those who had finished ahead of me were encouraging me every step of the way. It was awesome.

There is a sense of community there. The seasoned runners are there along with those who have never ran before, yet there is some sort of balance that knits them all together as they all strive to finish the race.

I will remember this for many days and years to come.

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of you for accomplishing this! I ran the same race two years ago and I completely understand what you are talking about. This run was also my very first run!! Again - I am so proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete