Pages

Saturday, October 31, 2009

2 Teach is 2 Touch Lives 4ever

“Are you going to be a teacher when you grow up?” echoes through my head at this moment. My friends in grade school and high school asked this question of me often and my answer was the same, no. No, you may think. I have never really wanted to teach, so what has changed? It is pretty simple. My heart has changed, and I see teaching as an opportunity to impact the lives of students by equipping them with a solid education. I plan to teach English and help others become better communicators and go after their dreams and goals. Education is important in today’s society and necessary to function. Many of my role models were my teachers, and I looked up to them. Teachers have a very important role in the life of their students. If I could make a positive impact in the life of one student as a teacher, it would be worth it all.

This was my answer to the question "Why do you want to teach?" on my application for alternative certification this summer. It amazes me as to how God works. I am now an English teacher at a local middle school. It has been one of the most difficult yet God ordained things that I have done in my life. God became my rock and comfort because I could no longer rest in my own strength and skill. I have learned to obey even when I wanted to run in the opposite direction mainly out of fear of failure. There was an intense internal struggle going on before I accepted this position, but now I am filled with the peace of God and learning to take it one day a time.

God sent me a friend that has been the most selfless person and a tremendous help in this new chapter of my life. For that I am eternally grateful to not only her but all of the people along the way. This is God's harvest, and I am honored to be planting the seeds.

1 comment:

  1. Love your answer to the question!! Praying for you friend... continue to rest on God's wisdom and understanding!

    ReplyDelete