Pages

Saturday, February 25, 2017

More than a Number

It was January 29th, just a normal Sunday.  I hopped out of bed and onto my scale.  The number that I had been working so very hard for appeared on the screen. I had lost 100 pounds!  I did it!  I didn't feel much different.  I was excited but hesitant to shout it from the rooftops because I didn't want to jinx it.  That Friday, I weighed in at the nutrition club I attend and the magic number had disappeared.  I wasn't quite there yet, so I kept it quiet.  Shortly after my victory at home, I found a new number.  I went shopping for pants for a new job I was starting and a dress for some upcoming events.  That new number was a size 6.  I purchased pants and a dress in a true to me size 6!!!  I never ever imagined in a million years that I would fit into a size 6.  Due to some Valentine's chocolates and some unnecessary snacking, the number on the scale has increased a few pounds, but I am claiming January 29th as the date I reached my goal of 100 pounds gone (my size 6 still fits).  I did it! I really did it. Today, I had the opportunity to "shout it from the rooftops" by sharing my story on stage at our local Herbalife Success Training Seminar in front of over 400 people.  It lasted about 15 to 20 seconds, but it was so awesome to share how far I have come.

This journey has been long, 10 years in fact, and it is still not over.  I am here to say that I am more than a number.  God has given me the strength to persevere this far.  I have overcome so much more over the last 10 years that a scale can't measure.  I am stronger and happier than ever. I am becoming more confident.  I have a desire to help others with their own journeys, and I am doing so.  God has blessed me with skills to teach, and my passion is to teach kiddos how to be healthy.  I don't want any child to feel the way I felt as the fat kid.  God has a plan and purpose for everything.  It is time for me to use what He's given me to bless others around me.  I want to lead others to Him first and foremost, and then teach them how to get healthy in order to serve Him at their best. 

Walking by Faith,

No comments:

Post a Comment