Pages

Saturday, January 2, 2010

To Resolve or Not to Resolve?

I have this weird theory about New Year's resolutions. The years that I made resolutions; they always failed within the first month. This last year I made no resolutions, and have found my calling, was "lucky in 'like'," been blessed with more friendships, and grown closer to the Lord who has so richly blessed me.

So what I was thinking, I would resolve NOT to resolve this year. There are a few things that I will keep my eyes on but not make any real resolutions. When I make resolutions, I set myself up with certain expectations. Then I have a fear of failure, so when I don't reach the goals I set I beat myself up, and it discourages me. So to avoid all of that frustration, I don't make resolutions. Then any amount of progress becomes a success rather than a failure.

So in reality, it becomes a mind game. I have unwritten resolutions and plan to see what happens in this year that I resolve NOT to resolve.

No comments:

Post a Comment