Pages

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Unconditional Love

Wow!  God has shown me so much lately.  Most of it has been difficult to swallow but good.  My latest post was posted out of loneliness and fear, and for that reason I regret posting it.  But God is always faithful and reassures his children of His presence.  He did that with me through a friend, a seminar speaker, and His Word.
I was on a typical "minding OTHER'S knittin'" adventure, when I was gently and firmly at the same time (if that's possible) reminded of who God wanted me to take care of and the sin in my life.  The following day I attended a seminar in which the speaker summarized the whole thing like this:
"Unconditional love is the key to unlock change."
That stuck with me so much personally, and was reiterated that evening in a devotion with the ladies of my church.  In I Corinthians 12, God outlines the various gifts of the Holy Spirit that are given to all believers and at the end of the chapter Paul speaks of "a more excellent way."   This "more excellent way" is love described so eloquently in chapter 13, the Love chapter, as it is often called.  All we do for God and others must be done in love or it is nothing.

A few days later after my previous post, God reminded me in Proverbs 18:22 that I am "to be found."  I have tried to claim this verse many times, but it is so difficult to wait "to be found."  I tend to get caught up in the "finding."  I am always on the lookout, and as I get older it gets harder to stop looking.  God has been so patient with me.  I am so thankful for His patience and unconditional love.  I am doing my best to rest in the magnitude of that thought and embrace the changes that will come from knowing Him and His love.

No comments:

Post a Comment